- Decided to be a bouncer at a bar that used to be my hang out. Ok, clearly they didn’t get a lot of riff raff, cause you know I’m a girl. But I could read, and since being a bouncer consisted of checking ID’s and saying yea or nay I was qualified. Alright, I hung out there a lot, or I wouldn’t have gotten bored, don’t judge. I was in my 20’s living in a pretty cool little Chicago neighborhood, with a favorite bar, a lot like Cheers, only no Sam, no Carla, no Diane, no pretty brass, no nice lighting, no ferns. OK, nothing like Cheers, but everyone knew my name.
- decided to take a break from college and followed the Grateful Dead for roughly 16 months. Don’t tell anyone. Truthfully I don’t remember how long, or what, who or when. Maybe it never happened. Oh wait, there are pictures, luckily none of them are on my computer. Oh shoot, I lie.
- decided to go to a really awesome Halloween Party at an Indie movie studio in Chicago where I met David Schwimmer, he was an ass. (the one in silver is me….those were the days, I was a venutian (you know, from Venus))
- downloaded 5834 songs onto iTunes. OK, maybe being bored isn’t the real reason, maybe it’s an addiction. Whatever. I don’t want to talk about it.
- I thought being a punk-rocker was a good idea, so I shaved all of the hair off of the sides of my head. I will not show you the pictures of my green mohawk. Yes, I had a green mohawk, don’t tell anyone. I will hunt you down. Here is a toned down picture of that snippet of my life, this is after I experimented the first time. Apparently it wasn’t good enough. A month later, all that was left was a green row of long hair down the middle of my head. My brother called me broccoli head. This was after the sides started growing out, and the green washed out to blonde.
Well there you have it. 5 things I did when I was really bored. Thank goodness I haven’t been really bored in a while. Who knows what I’d get up to.