Jen Kehl is a mom, writer, homeschooler, maven of music, self-proclaimed sensory processing disorder expert, food allergy pro, photographer, controller of chaos, John Cusack aficionado and all around interesting person who refuses to put herself into any one category (because that’s boring). Jen Kehl shares what is important to her in the blog My Skewed View at http://www.jenkehl.com, Shares her love of music at Raised on the Radio, writes about homeschooling at Homeschooling My Way, and Tweets about pyromania, the dangers of GMOs and other antics @jenkehl.
Why you want me on your Trivial Pursuit team. I have degrees in Psychology, Studio Art (with dual emphasis in Photography and Ceramics), and Literary Criticism. I collected enough credits for minors in Renaissance History, Art History and was just shy in Music Theory and Geology. And yes, I spent an inordinate amount of time in school. As a grown-up I studied Web Design which included HTML and CSS, and I am currently learning PHP. Yes, those are all foreign languages.
Ten Facts you may not know about me:
1. I love to write fiction; genre, chic-lit, don’t judge.
2. The boy has Sensory Processing Disorder, diagnosed at two. Now I am an expert, I can prove it, ask me anything. He also has an A-Typical Tic Disorder, I am not fond of this un-diagnosis.
3. I fancy myself the Music Director of everyone else’s life and my own. My soundtrack making skills are unrivaled.
4. My husband either has ADD or an undersupply of observation, I write about it often.
5. We live with a barrage of food allergies and environmental allergies. I am also an expert in Anaphylactic Shock.
6. I can’t promise I won’t run off with John Cusack.
7. My son might be a pyromaniac. Either that or he will be an explosives expert one day.
8. I followed the Grateful Dead for two years, and probably showered twice.
9. Woody Allen lives in my head.
10. I am a fourth generation photographer and have the daguerreotypes to prove it. Deciding not to live in denial of the fact that Photo Chemicals are Toxic has scarred me forever.
3 thoughts on “Welcome to My Skewed View”
OK, can i just make an odd observation??? You are like the UMPTEENTH blogger I have encountered in the past several months with a John Cusack obsession. Too funny, maybe I better check him out again, I must’ve missed something spectacular!! hahahahaha
LOL Cheri! I don’t know, I’ve had it since my teen years, so you’ll have to go WAYYY back!
I see it now! Ha!